PHP & Android App Developer
I like coding for Web and Android while doing other things that I am passionate about, and I love how technology, especially software, help people by automating otherwise tedious tasks.
Senior Application Developer – Android Team Lead
Digital Space Explorer
February 20, 2019 – May 15, 2019
Successfully led a small team of Android developers to create a new app product while maintaining and adding new features to the main SaaS app.
Digital Space Explorer
February 20, 2017 – February 20, 2019
Maintaining and adding new features to the Android version of the company’s SaaS product.
Android & Web Developer
Havoc Digital / Publicis Manila
July 1, 2013 – February 16, 2017 (3 years and 7 months)
• Developed numerous web apps for promos, most notably this high-traffic site: TntPanaloWheel.com
• Developed Android apps for clients
April 2011 – May 2013 (2 years & 1 month)
• Developed company’s order request form, and developed and customized several WordPress sites
Web Development Intern
May 2010 – December 2010 (7 months)
• Added functionalities to existing web systems
Online course: Developing Android Apps by Google
May 2016 – October 2016
Developing Android Apps is a free online course approximately 60 hours in total that I tried to take bit by bit alongside with my projects. Quoted from Udacity’s website: “As the first course in the Android Developer Nanodegree, Developing Android Apps is the foundation of our advanced Android curriculum. This course blends theory and practice to help you build great apps the right way. In this course, you’ll work with instructors step-by-step to build a cloud-connected Android app, and learn best practices of mobile development, and Android development in particular.”
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
FEU – East Asia College
2007 – 2011 (4 years)
Latin Honor: Cum Laude
LAMP stack, PHP, MySQL, Java for Android, Laravel, CodeIgniter
Sublime Text Editor, Android Studio, PHPUnit, Git, XAMPP, MAMP, SSH, Bash, Vim, FileZilla, Selenium IDE on Firefox, RESTClient on Firefox, Terminal on Mac or Git Bash on Windows
OS X, Windows, Linux
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
In high school I felt I had potential in programming because of the speed in which I debugged basic programs written in C Language during Computer class. Those were very really basic bugs (e.g., missing semicolon at the end of a line), but still, it must be something because my classmates always took longer than I could finish.
In my early teenage years, websites fascinated me and I wanted to try making my own. My very first experience in coding was with HTML and CSS.
I took an IT degree in college and the programming classes (e.g., C language, PHP) made me realize that I really enjoy coding. I did a mix of website design and coding before I landed my first job.
I worked on numerous WordPress sites in my first job for a telecommunication company. This was when I realized that I’m better at coding than designing. 2 years later, I moved to a new workplace in Makati City initially as web developer. A couple of years later, I joined the mobile development team as Android developer.
- Dig deeper into Linux and Apache
- Work with AWS
- Enhance web security skills
- Virtualization (VirtualBox, Vagrant)
- Enhance leadership skills
- Dig deeper into Android app development and launch more apps
- Work on more complex web backend (e.g. of high-traffic websites)
- E-commerce site for The Tiny Cakery
- Full-stack web development, specializing on backend
- Be an expert at the LAMP stack
- Be an expert in Android app development
- Contribute to how technology helps people with tedious tasks by coding